Oil Absorbent Pom Poms are designed in a style that is similar to pom poms used by cheerleader. the Oil Absorbent Pom Poms shipped with a rope are placed every 22 inches along a 15Meters braided rope. these ropes are often pulled behind boats or water vehicles to remove thick oil from the surface of the water.
Pom poms are hanks of polypropylene fibres that attract and hold heavy oils. as used in the Exxon Valdez oil spill. They are designed to absorb oils whilst repelling water.
Suitable for a range of applications including:
- on beaches and coastlines
- on heavy emulsified oil coming ashore
- Fuel bunds and moats in refineries, power stations and tank farms
- Ideal on bunker fuel and emulsified crude
- Quoted absorbency based on heavy oil